Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

more seasonal confusion...

Green fingers

(above) the before photo

(after) severely pruned trees - but look there's a window behind!

even Sunday helped out!


It's nearly Autumn and yet in my brain I think it's nearly Spring (maybe it's a post-Birthday thing) . Today was the perfect day for some pruning.
Heather Jean and Michael helped me to cut back the trees that block a lot of light into my house and suddenly it's a whole new world inside! I've become quite the expert with secateurs and a saw and cutting things was fun! I could get the hang of this gardening fun...
Tubbles and Natha (the cats) just lazed and watched, but Sunday appeared to help clear up, by eating the pile of cuttings (before we stopped him, don't know if it's good for sheep - they are not too bright and eat stuff that makes them sick sometimes).
However, Sunday tried to get his revenge by proceeding to eat the newly-pruned trees and then attacking my Birthday palm tree and even having a look into my house. He received the usual treatment reserved for marauding animals on site - a 5 litre bottle of water straight over him - only discouraged him for a few minutes though!
Something about clearing my windows has started a chain of events which goes something like realising my windows need cleaning, cleaning them, then looking at cleaning the walls in my house and generally having a massive clear out in my house. It's amazing how being newly-single has opened my eyes to the opportunities I need to do, when I leave this place it will be the nicest place to stay at GGA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home