Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Friday, February 16, 2007

the day after...


The shops are stocking some new ranges of clothes, in autumnal colours. It's so weird, I thought I'd struggle with Christmas being hot, but in fact I think it's more disconcerting that it's almost March and there are browns and greens in the shops instead of spring-like pastel pinks and the like. Funny how culture shock hits when you least expect it. (but I did window-shop some nice stuff... ;-) )
With the exception of a 'moment' in the supermarket when I nearly burst into tears at the sight of strawberry yogurt (s's favourite), I've been doing well today and am feeling much better and positive about the future. Life goes on. I'm excited about the new opportunities and whoever God might bring into my life in the future...
In the meantime, I'm very busy sorting all sorts of reports out and communicating with funders, so there's no time to mope around. Plus this weekend it's the monthly Birthday party for the kids, and for me, and so there's lots to be prepared! Will make up for the traumatic week just past ;-) (as long as I get a little taste of cake, I'll be happy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home