Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Tuesday 6th Feb: 'Rested'


When I was making my first tentative ventures into journalling, at the tender age of about 9, I kept a diary about my daily life.
My parents still roll about laughing when they recall its contents:
'Monday
Watched TV, rested. Played Thundercats with James. Rested
Tuesday
Rested'
... and so it went on...
In any case, my journal entry for the next few days will look something like a blast from the past as the lovely Dr this morning told me I must go home and R-E-S-T and do nothing else.
Thorough investigation has turned up no ticks (hurrah)
And a rather expensive (yet cleanly done) blood test revealed no malaria (double hurrah!)
But my heart rate is still alarmingly high (120bpm resting) which is not hurrah ;(
So that is why I am to do nothing until Thursday and to see if it calms down.
It's a weird thing, doing nothing.
For one thing it seems great, but is actually really very boring...
expect 'you can tell she's bored' blogs tomorrow then...
I guess the end cause will probably be put down to stress... if you pray please do so over these next few days, that I will recover quickly and define what needs to be changed to prevent problem re-occuring. I can think of a few things but they might not go down too well... maybe it will be time to suggest them after all.
Entertaining emails most gratefully received. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home