Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

ill :(

I write this under the influence of several potent pain-killers... so apologies for any lack of coherence!

Not wanting to appear a hypochondriac, I was hesitant about visiting the Dr today when I've been battling a mega-headache and fever for the past couple of days. But HJ persuaded me to go... (in her role as 'substitute mum'!). Probably good job that she did.

And so I'm fighting an infection, possibly a bite gone wrong, possibly tick-bite fever... Time will tell, but I've been signed off work for a few days (interesting concept of being 'off' work when I live 2 seconds from my office) and I'm on a lovely concoction of dyclofenac (an old friend) and something called codoxol (although I've just discovered that it had caffeine in it, which I've been avoiding for the past 5 years so that's me probably not sleeping tonight!)... in any case, I'm fairly happy and fairly out of it right now so an evening sitting in my chair is looming...

Opinions vary as to whether I could have Tick-bite fever. Apparently it's very nasty and would nearly kill me (one source) or I might just get a headache and fever (another source). All the South Africans here blame it on the fact that Brits aren't used to the local bugs and so go down quicker and for longer than them. At least I'll have time to blog and catch up on emails (apologies if you've sent me one and not had a reply yet!) That's if I can stay awake!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home