Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

bits and bobs..

So, I had one and half days 'signed-off-sick', which is difficult when you live at the office practically, but I managed to 'hide' somewhat and ignore people knocking at my door at 7.30am (a common problem), went back to work on Friday cos I'm duty manager this weekend and booked to see the Dr, but as is always the case, I then felt better so cancelled appointment. And then I've felt fairly bad all weekend. I've had a headache since Tuesday which comes and goes and this morning, after a good night's sleep, the time I spent yawning was more than when not yawning... hmm, not good. Think I might have to return to Dr tomorrow...

Internet research has pointed out that you can get tick-bite fever from those little pesky ticks living in long grass in rural areas, like the waist-high undisturbed field of grass I waded through on Monday late afternoon to help Smilo move into his new abode then... I didn't know it was going to be like that so was only in my usual trusty flip-flops and long, flowing (culturally-appropriate) skirt... thinking back, I do remember wincing at something on my toe, but on inspection there is nothing there.... hmm, all very mysterious. Unfortunately I don't have any shoes to wear in that situation, will have to look into it. I did wear my walking boots with afore-mentioned skirt to run across our fields to fetch Jude for something when he was here (proof, if it was needed, that I was NOT out to impress, as the other women in the office gave me top marks for un-matching outfit that morning and have not ceased to criticise my footwear ever since!)

Anyway, time will tell. I'm just quite depressed and tired right now. To the point of wanting to burst into tears for no apparent reason... I hope the cause will be sorted and treated sooner rather than later, it's starting to get annoying and I want to break my 'addiction' to codeine asap!

In other news, the weather here continues to be roasting followed by dangerous with storms, and then changing to cold without any warning. I thought England was weird, but it's definitely rained more here than I saw in the UK for a long time...

We had yet more celebrity visitors, it's funny how they just turn up here. I gave a tour to a lovely actress not even realising who she was until she mentioned she's in Coronation St, further 'Googling' has revealed she's been in masses more comedy stuff too, I thought she looked familiar...

Also, I've finally cottoned on the the BBC TV Series 'Spooks', and being ill gave me the opportunity to see the last episode of season 1 (yes, I'm that far behind!). I thought it was about time I got into it, seeing as a friend of mine is one of the lead characters and all that... I was completely on the edge of my seat at the cliff-hanger at the end of the series and frustrated to think that I've not seen any more series for sale here so I'm going to have to wait. Hurrah for the BBC website and all the episode descriptions, so I'm not so sad any more! Ellie doesn't die, and neither does Maisie! (apologies if I've just spoilt it for anyone)... I'm not sure I'll ever catch up though, I think the UK is onto series 6 or 7...

I've distributed my latest news-letter/prayer letter - if you didn't receive it yet then let me know. Please keep praying, it means a lot and things are happening here because of your faithfulness in interceding, so a massive thank you!

I spent most of this morning's Zulu church service being dragged (albeit slowly) by our youngest child (18mths) back and forth across the playground to the clinic. She has a strange 'auto-pilot' to wander there whenever she can, she thinks it's hilarious. Hypochondriac in training maybe?
But a cute one at that! ;)

ok, enough rambling, I'm off to see what's going on on the playground...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home