Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

on DVD's and 4x4's

Several years ago, thanks to a government initiative, I got to go on a training day where I came away with a free DVD player (useful) and some DVD-making software (not so useful, at the time)... Yesterday, the software became not only useful, but a marvel of modern technology on my computer and I ventured into the world of media...
Have made a 3 minute DVD 'Snapshots of GGA'. It was much fun to do and the combination of gorgeous children, other photos of the devastation caused by AIDS and a haunting soundtrack of the Young Zulu Warriors have worked well. Am not technically-minded enough to put it on the internet as yet, but it went down well at Cafe Create last night.

Quick plug: anyone from St Paul's interested in being a presenter for Cafe Create, there's a job going as last night was my last evening up front. It's easy, just imagine you're on TOTP or similar (without the millions of people watching through the cameras...) Good fun, have really enjoyed it and hope that 'Cafe Create' continues to go from strength to strength in the future...

It's getting to that stage of leaving. Last 'Cafe create' first of all. On Thursday I shall be ending my job as senior teacher and saying goodbye to 80 great little people and my staff. My school is joining in to GGA in donating children's clothes and toys to take out there, it's so fantastic that they're on board.
All goodbyes are sad, but it's a process I have to go through and brings me one step closer to getting out to SA. 8 weeks today I'll be waking up for my first full day in KZN!

On Monday, I'm heading to London to visit the S.African Embassy to get my visa sorted. If you pray, please think of me then, that all goes smoothly. These processes can sometimes be tricky.

In other news, it's becoming apparent that we need another vehicle out in Cato Ridge as things are a bit difficult at the moment. A short while ago one of the 4x4s got written off somehow and now they are struggling to get a lot of kids to several school with very few vehicles, and they need more. Then there'd be one to take kids to hospital when necessary too.

God knows and meets all our needs. So I am confident that somehow He will meet that need, being as I've brought it to him and am leaving it with him. He loves to provide for his children, in miraculous ways. To enable people to help out with that, I've written to 5 car companies in the UK, to see if they would be able to help us out, financially or in providing a vehicle out in SA. So far, one rejection. But even if this proves fruitless, somehow at just the right time, that 4x4 WILL arrive. And so there's many reasons to be thankful! :)

'And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ' (Phil4:19)

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, 15 July, 2006, Blogger Martin said…

    I was impressed with the DVD making. I've never managed to do that whole scrolly text thing you did.

    I happy to hear that your school is helping out too. Very encouraging. As is your bible quote. God will provide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home