Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Prayer Conference 2


There's a story of when Jesus appeared to a couple walking on a road to Emmaus, after his death and resurrection, and after he's explained some stuff to them and revealed who he is (cos they didn't recognise him at first) , they exclaim :
'Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?'
(Luke 24, if you're interested)

That's kind of how I felt (and I know I'm not alone) on Saturday as God took what Gordon Hickson had to say and made it come alive. It was one of those lightbulb moments, when suddenly everything falls into place and all you can do is go 'aaah, I see'

My mind was officially blown probably about an hour into Saturday's talks. I've got 40pages of notes and the CDs on order to process. As I sat there, friend's names came to mind and I thought, they really need to hear this, it's key to what we believe and who we are in Christ. I'm sorry that there weren't more people there to hear it, it was truly amazing and I can't write any more until I've allowed myself some time to work it all out in my head and heart and put it into practice...

God is SO AMAZING!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home