Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

non-edible Truffles


Presenting Truffles, the newest member of the extensive Horn Family furry creatures collection.

Truffles is an African elephant (you can tell by the ears) who has been selected to accompany me on my travels. Whilst he can't make my tea or answer my phone calls, he is of great support.

He has a Phd in 'child trauma therapy' and can help even the most distraught child begin to open up, merely by making them smile (who could resist those little eyes), which is really what qualifies him best for the job. Aside from the obvious wish of his to return to Africa to catch up with his rather larger cousins in the Bush, he's told me he's very much looking forward to getting to work out at God's Golden Acre.

Although he is less than a foot high and incredibly trim for his age, he has an enormous brain and always knows what to say to comfort someone. His furry exterior helps him to fulfil his other talent of flea-free stress relief. Inside that enormous brain of his, he can remember many many friends of mine who I won't be seeing for a while.

But the main reason he won in the recent 'Caroline's cuddly companion' competition, was simply because he's an elephant.

And an elephant never forgets.

7 Comments:

  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're weird.


    Piotr.

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have big ears and enjoying roaming around the local areas.

    I have darky beedy eyes, a huge brain but only two feet. The kids love me.

    Can I come?

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Helllo,

    Will there be another competition?

    I have all the qualities for the job.

    Big ears, cuddly and a big brain.

    Although I am from Asia, I would like to see my cousins in Africa!

    Sx

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You weird too. Perhaps CaroLine should call this website "Follow me, I am weird liKe you"

    Weird people of the world unite here on CaroliNes wonderful website.

    God is good he lOves all people especially the weiRd people like me, CarOLine and Sunil.


    Piotr.

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger Caroline said…

    Piotr, you could be my first blog-fan! It's very exciting! keep reading...

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wierd is good. I am special like Caroline and Piotr :)

     
  • At Sunday, 09 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, the three of us aRe special people and Caroline is braVe for wanting to go to a war-torn aids orphanage.

    Tooday I make new friends.

    Piotr

     

Post a Comment

<< Home