Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

clarification of the purpose of my blog

There seems to have been some confusion for people visiting my blog recently.

This is not a website for God's Golden Acre (go to www.godsgoldenacre.org.uk for that)
Nor is it a fundraising exercise or marketing ploy.

I set up my blog as a means of expression of my thoughts and musings as I prepare to go to live in South Africa and work with some of the many AIDS orphans out there. It's a means for my friends to keep up with what's going on in my life and it's like an ongoing online conversation.
Although my life will be forever transformed by the experiences in Africa, there is more to life than just writing about how sad the AIDS epidemic is, and giving a constant list of how one can help.
I hope that the snapshots of life out there (as I'm discovering them) and the snapshots of what's going on in my life here in the UK are of interest, but really it's a way of processing them by journalling online.

I AM getting a bit fed up with people who read my blog, think they somehow know me enough to pass judgement on my life and leave criticism in the comments page. You can't possibly know someone well through merely reading their stuff on the blog, there is so much more to my life than what gets written here, I couldn't possibly write about all my life, there's not time...
If you have a problem with me, and you know me well enough to approach me on this issue, please email me privately about the matter. If you just put a negative comment on the web, it isn't very helpful in the long run.
(If you feel strongly about something, start your own blog and do all your rantings there, don't hijack mine)
There is a way to deal with conflict and it is in private and directlywith the person involved . On a couple of occasions I'm seeing misunderstandings and personal comments appearing here for the whole world to see.

The views expressed on my are personal ones and do not necessarily reflect God's Golden Acre as a whole. Don't judge me on that. I'm not perfect, no one is. Please remember that before you put yourself in the position of 'blog critic and judge of character'

I don't want a whole lot of ranting comments in reply to this.
Just bear it in mind the next time you feel like attacking what I've written. It's just a few ideas on a page in cyberspace, not absolute truth
(for that check out another book that's available near you called the BIBLE- now I expect THAT will get more comments than anything I've said before ;-) !!!! )

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home