Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Why I like Borders...

That's the bookshop, not of a small country (although they are quite exciting too)

In a semi-comatose post-invigilation state this afternoon, I wandered into Borders Bookstore at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry and happened upon a couple of copies of Heather's GGA book for sale...

Excellent, branching out in availability from just Christian bookshops....

So Borders, despite it's inflated prices, has become my new favourite bookstore. I even bought a different book on AIDS to celebrate this newfound alliance...

Although, please note I said 'like' not 'love' Borders in the title, I know it's a 'nasty multinational' and therefore I probably shouldn't go there, etc etc...

Anyway, the book I bought is called 'Witness to AIDS' by Edwin Cameron, who was the first public officer in S.Africa to disclose he was living with AIDS... It looks like a good, yet moving read.. I'll let you know when I've finished it. In any case, will be excellent preparation for the attitudes I'll come across out there towards people who have HIV/AIDS.

Also, and completely unrelated... just wanted to note how completely humbled and amazed I am at several God-incidences of late that has linked me up with people interested in getting involved at GGA. Now, I've always had networking tendancies, but this is God using me to get others involved and it's SO EXCITING!!!!! More on them as they develop...

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, 09 June, 2006, Blogger Caroline said…

    actually, I DIDN'T stop for a starbucks... somehow it's not so much fun without one's starbucks buddies!

     
  • At Friday, 16 June, 2006, Blogger Martin said…

    Speaking of Starbucks, I believe there is a small aliance of people who prefer Ben's Cookies. I think they have a point - those cookies are so yummy. In fact, I might just have to get one tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home