Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Un pas dans mon passé

I have a confession to make, I LOVE the Christian channels on Sky...
(well not all of them, but GOD, GOD2, Revelation and TBN Europe especially)

You never know what you'll find when you scroll through, but it's usually uplifting and encouraging.... (how many people can say that about Eastenders or Corrie)

And today I've just had a great trip down memory lane as I discovered a French programme about a church in Perugia, Italy... my 'home' town... Years ago I led a Bible study group in French with Africans living in Italy (are you with me so far??), it was a laugh a minute as we attempted to bring our various dialects of French together in working out what God was saying to us through His word... ah, happy days!

Great to see views of 'my' town, to see that the Italians have dug up several streets so no-one can get through (they don't care about accessibility), to be encouraged that things of God are still moving there...

Am hoping that there'll be lots of Italians and French coming down to volunteer at GGA, it's so amazing when you get lots of different cultures all living together, working together with a common purpose, improving the lives of these children who've suffered so much...

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have been on those channels, and the only thing I ever found good was the UCB readings of the Bible. But I think that was radio rather than tv... I'll keep my beady's out for the TV
    Padwan

     
  • At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Blogger Caroline said…

    Revelation TV has some great interviews with authors, and Heather, who runs GGA, has been on it too to talk about her book, so they must be cool...
    GOD TV has the scary angel like characters between each programme, but once you get over that, it's quite good..
    enjoy exploring...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home