Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

On Valentine's Day...


This song, by Rebecca St James, is all a single woman of God waiting for her principe azzurro* can really say about Valentine's Day...
"Darling, did you know that I had a dream about you,
waiting for the look in your eyes,
when we meet for the first time.
Darling did you know that I pray about you,
praying that you will hold on,
keep your loving eyes only for me.

I am waiting for, praying for you, darling.
Wait for me, too
Wait for me, as I wait for you.

Darling, did you know I dream about life together,
knowing it will be forever,
I’ll be yours and you’ll be mine.
And darling when I say ‘til death do us part’
I’ll mean it will all of my heart,
now and always faithful to you.

Now I know you may have made mistakes,
but there’s forgiveness and a second chance,
so wait for me darling, wait for me…"
*Italian women don't wait for knights in shining armour, that's so very King Arthur. Instead they wait for their Principe Azzurro to come into their lives, which means 'blue prince' - which could account for all those wonderful, amazing shades of blue shirts that Italian men can wear so sophisticatedly, that make them so dashingly handsome... guess the horse is replaced by a ferrari too... ;-)
Happy Valentine's Day one and all !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home