Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Some people take graduation so seriously...


On Friday morning I popped into Georgedale preschool to drop off some CDs and books and discovered it was their graduation day and that they'd been trying to contact us to invite us along. Good timing!

This time I took HJ with me to experience the solemnity and pageantry of the preschool graduation ceremony. We had Zulu dancing and all the rest, and this time I was even invited to give a speech, which I started in Zulu, but rapidly switched back into English...

There was such a great atmosphere, everyone takes it very seriously and dresses up super smart, but then the ceremony is very laid back, with children wandering everywhere and, in this school's case, the teacher's getting down to the funky music and even singing in between acts... the smallest children just couldn't quite keep awake and all fell asleep in the corner on a mattress... This is the preschool I recently promoted as being one that has hardly anything, and yet here is where we found the biggest smiles and laughter and the most hilarious and friendly teachers...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home