Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, November 06, 2006

I-Life Sunday 5th Nov

I-Life

Psalm 138

‘I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the ‘gods’ I will sing your praise.
I will bow down towards your holy temple and I will praise your name for your love and faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stout-hearted.

May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth. May they sing of the ways of the LORD, for the glory of the LORD is great.

Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
The LORD will fulfil his purpose for me;
Your love, O LORD, endures for ever – do not abandon the works of your hands.’

This was the passage preached on this evening at I-LIFE, the special Sunday evening service for Youth and Students at PCF. We took 12 teenagers with us and, as most of the regulars are mid-exams, we made up the numbers somewhat! It was a great evening, thinking about God’s purposes for our lives and how we must seek him with all our heart.

3 of our young people responded to a call to come up for prayer. Pray for their continuing obedience and walk with the Lord. It’s so exciting to be involved in the lives of these young people who are so hungry for more of God. Pray for further opportunities for them to learn more about the God who loves them so much he sent His son to die in their place to bring reconciliation and a restored relationship with Him. They’ve been invited to some exciting things, pray that if it’s God’s will that these things will come to pass, leading them into a deeper relationship with God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home