Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

HURRAH!! FINALLY ONLINE!!!

Today, I am SO happy as I've finally found a way of getting a good, superfast internet connection to my laptop, with help from my new best friend - computer whizzkid Linus (check out his blog from the links, although it's in German!)
So I'M BACK!! ;-)
And now I have to catch up with all the emails and contacts that have been flowing in for the past week. We're trying to get the whole system here sorted, but it's complicated. I'm only online because I invested a little bit of money in updating my connection system...
So if you've emailed me of late, sorry for the lack of reply, I'll get round to it soon! ;)

The weather here is still weird, it's supposed to be summer, but there are thunderstorms nearly every day, and the fog descends in the early evening and stays, which makes for fun driving when I come home in the evening as there's about 3-4 miles of roads with bad markings to negotiate with minimal visibility. It can get really hot, and then 10 mins later be cold enough to need a jumper... bizarre...

Work is still chilled out yet manic as I get things done but it's little by little. I've been mildly entertained this week by the fact that I've suddenly become irresistable to members of the opposite sex, especially Zulu guys. After 31 years of waiting, 3 guys asked me out this week..... They do say men are like buses... (obviously I can't divulge any more information on what happened in each case in such a public forum, sorry! :-) )

This weekend I'm off to Amanzimtoti for some R&R at the beach. After working for 12 days, I really appreciate the opportunity to relax and catch up on some sleep. I might even get into the Indian Ocean this time instead of just look at it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home