Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

‘I’m not sick!’

One of the joys of being here is the crèche. Every morning HJ and I pray together in the new prayer/counselling room at 7am and finish just in time for me to check in with my little friends at breakfast. We have up to 8 little people in the crèche (depending on when some of the workers are around as their kids take part too) and they are all precious.
Recently, one of them was really ill and spent several days withdrawn and generally feeling very sorry for herself. I tried to comfort her but she wasn’t in the mood for anything. However, since she’s recovered, every morning when I go to say hi, she proudly exclaims to me in a loud and triumphant voice ‘Me, I’m not sick!’ This evening they all decided to tell me this, one by one… pray with me that they would continue to shout this out and to be as happy and healthy as they currently are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home