Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sunday fun

We finally made it to Hillcrest Christian Fellowship church this Sunday morning in the vehicle known as ‘Bronwyn’s Bakkie’ (play ‘spot the rust’ above), although we were late as we somehow managed to set off the anti-hijack alarm which overrode the engine. I won’t say anything about the dodgy brakes, but I had to ‘hot-wire’ the car it no less than 4 times over the course of the day so we could keep moving... (check it out, I didn’t even know how to change the oil in the UK, and now I’m quite the expert at starting cars!) They say it’s not wise to stop on the side of the road in Africa, but we had no choice! Viva la Toyota is all I can say, which should arrive this week.
Church was great. Massive building, must have been about 800 people there (and lots were on holiday too), spirit-filled worship and challenging message about choosing to put God first despite anything that may have happened in the past and radically dealing with things in our lives that are not of Him. Lots of meat to chew on over this coming week. 2 Chronicles 29 – the story of Hezekiah, a good read.

During the afternoon it was the monthly Birthday party which was chaos, but isn’t that how parties are supposed to be? Lots of active children, face paints, attempts at organised games, cake and presents – fantastic! Above are some photos in mini version (because they upload easier!) and I feature on one, just to prove I am here and not making all this up from the comfort of a 5-star hotel in Mauritius!

Oh and I saw 2 monkeys, just at the entrance to GGA. They are so cute, little grey things with white beards (description for my brother-in-law’s benefit, monkey fan extraordinaire). No photos yet, but I’ll pursue them! They are not to be encouraged as they steal things, if they came as far as the car park, there are plenty of vehicles they could hotwire and take off in if they so desired! Now THAT would be a good photo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home