Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, September 18, 2006

first time driver - the 4x4 experience

So to go down to the Drs I was given the 4x4 to drive.
Old, just back from the garage. No seatbelts. An adventure.
With a bit of help I got it started and then I, and another brave volunteer who also needed to go to the Drs but hadn't realised what he'd let himself in for, set off down the less dusty, because it's rained so much, track.
It was an experience. There were a lot of interesting and unexpected bangs from somewhere in the vehicle, which wasn't as off-putting as the temperature and revs counters which were going beserk... (I later discovered this is normal for that car!).
Yet we got there. I locked the car and then couldn't get back in again later, we had to climb in the back (conveniently unlocked) and reach round. (although in all seriousness, if someone had wanted to steal it, they would have had to be blind as it isn't exactly the most desirable vehicle in the car park... - one good trait at least!!)
It was actually quite fun, but not a thing I would like to drive regularly.

Oh and I've got some sort of bacterial infection in my throat, chest? Had to go on a nebuliser which contained what I thought he refered to as adrenalin?!?! and now have even more pills and antibiotics to take... but I'll sleep well tonight! Have also been given some blankets so I won't freeze!

Going out now to watch the sunset.... more adventures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home