Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Finally online!!

SAWUBONA! UNJANI?

So after 5 days of trying, I've FINALLY managed to get connected to the internet here in my office. A good introduction to African ways I suppose. The connection is really slow so I'll try to put some pics on but may be difficult.

I'm doing well, arrived safely after a comfortable, if long, journey. Excess baggage through ok, although it was a bit touch and go at one point. I'm living in a nice little flat next to the offices and today am the duty manager so am in charge of all the keys! This also meant getting up at 6am to sign the security out, but I'll get used to it.

I wrote a blog entry last sat when I got here and I'm putting this into the next posting, so it's a bit out of order, but you'll get a feel for the place from that!

I've now got a S.African mobile number, if you want it so you can text me encouraging things, then just ask, my UK stays the same and you can always use that. Please don't underestimate just how HAPPY and ENCOURAGED I am to hear from people overseas at any time ;-)

ok, I'm going to post this now to check it works, then I might try pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home