Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, September 04, 2006

On leaving Leamington

Today's the day I leave Leamington Spa (for the moment - who knows if I'll be back living here one day!) I'm not really that sad as this is my home area and so I know I'll be back. Having gone to school just down the road and with family living all around this area, it's not like I'll never visit or even come back here to live.
I've come through a weekend of quality time with good friends and family, although the late nights are taking their toll, that along with cuddles from my niece who had a cold, which now means I'm fighting a cold (thanks G!)... sorry to anyone who might be on a flight to Jo'burg on Thurs night who might come down with a cold on Friday - recycled air and all that... but on the bright side, I'll be the one sharing the bugs around, instead of receiving them inflight!
So, it doesn't quite feel real at the moment, the living room here around me is still full of various items of important documents etc that need to be packed as soon as I've posted this. Most of the rest of the house is done though, but it's all the little, yet vital, jobs that I need to remember that are floating round my head.
I've had 5 wonderful years in Leam, living in 4 different places and mixing with hundreds of amazing people, all of whom I will miss. The majority of my closest friends from the past couple of years have also left Leam now, and that makes life slightly easier, as we've already proved that the world is indeed small with msn, skype and the like, meaning we talk even more now they're not here than when they were. And so I join them in communicating from a distance (and probably erratically from what I've heard about the phone lines in KZN).
And as for those good friends who I leave in Leam itself, see you in 'new' Starbucks in a couple of years time for a long overdue Grande Decaff Iced Latte and granola bar! How much I'll miss you, the people not the food (well maybe the coffee a little!)

Time to finish off that packing!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home