Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

the long goodbye...

So the goodbyes have started...
I hate long drawn-out goodbyes, it only makes people depressed.

Today is T-09 until I'm off!

My current abode is gradually becoming devoid of 'stuff' as I make the trip back and forth to my parents to drop it off there (my parents are wondering why they didn't build that extension years ago to house it all!). Someone has appeared to live here after me - Praise the Lord, it was looking empty for a while, but just at the right time...

Last week it was Salsa goodbyes, last weekend it was goodbyes for some good friends from down South and the big leaving weekend is looming...

And through it all I'm still remaining completely cool, calm and collected. I was worried that I was in denial about something and that panic would suddenly descend and chaos ensue. But no, I think this is just the peace of God that passes all understanding. And it's great.

It's also great being able to go...
'Ah well, I won't be seeing you soon, because next week I'm moving to Africa.' and watching the reaction. Priceless.

Oh, and last week, a guy in starbucks thought I was 24. Result. ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 29 August, 2006, Blogger Martin said…

    what, you don't mind the insult of 24 - even though you're 23 ;-)

    still on a more serious note, we will miss you :'-( (well I assume we all will. I will certainly.). Still, we'll have this blog and skype to be in touch :-) Have to do the whole small group video thing.

     
  • At Wednesday, 30 August, 2006, Blogger Caroline said…

    I don't wish I was still 23, life is SO much better in your 30's, just you wait and see, young Martin! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home