Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Skype-tastic

Having had to put up with several one-way conversations with my friend S, I've finally downloaded Skype! And now we can chat for free over the computer!!!! It's great!
I think everyone should get it and then (when the internet is working down at GGA - it's a bit temperamental apparently) I can talk to people for free from my computer to yours!

Find out more at www.skype.com. It doesn't take too long to download - about 40mins on dial-up, which is not bad...

Don't get sucked in to buying an expensive phone to plug in, I've just got a headphone with attached microphone set that works just as well! Nice.

Thanks to all my techy friends for above advice.

Tim, chat soon, I've got you in my friends box already! Can't remember the time difference from here to Mexico City?

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, 14 August, 2006, Blogger Martin said…

    Skype can be a useful business tool too. I think we're going to be conferencing our office, someone near birmingham, someone in chesire, and two people in eastern europe soon, via the wonders of skype.

    I always AOL to Tim myself - time diff about 6 hours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home