Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

visa - the saga continues...

So here's an update....

Mrs H, a friend from here who is going out to GGA this weekend and will be covering my office for some of the time until I get there in a few weeks, is having visa trouble too... She leaves on Saturday and currently her passport and/or visa is either in London, in the Royal Mail system or somewhere else gone awol... She IS leaving on Saturday, therefore her passport will be returned to her before she goes. Stand with me in covering her trip to London tomorrow in prayer, that whatever happens the end result would be that she has the relevant documents in her hand by the time she departs this weekend. God is sovereign, even over administration people and His will WILL be done. This not up for discussion.

I've now got a proper doctor's letter and an apology from the nice Dr who didn't understand what she was supposed to write in the first place. It wasn't her fault, extremely badly expressed documents from the visa people as to what they wanted.

However, the London people didn't get back to me for tomorrow so I will not be heading there. I'm trying to get in next week sometime. (you have to book via email and 7 days in advance for a time slot, they don't answer the phones - helpful.) I'm feeling ok about it all and know that God's in control of the whole situation, not to worry. Mother-daughter quality time has merely switched to a closer city instead.

Actually the concept of worrying is in fact unbiblical. Jesus tells us in several places in the Gospels not to worry, almost as if it is a command. If we truly believe that, then we need to bring everything to Him in prayer and leave it for Him to sort out, knowing and trusting that He'll sort it out according to His plan and purposes. We know that I'm going to Africa as well as Mrs H, and therefore He will make it happen, by miraculous ways if necessary, just to show who's really in charge around here.

(oh, and to any of my blog friends who are tempted to tell me to 'stop going on about God all the time', save your typing... telling me to shut up and not talk about Him.... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, get used to it! Someone tried that with some of the apostles once... check out what happened in Acts 4v 18-20 ;-) )

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 10 August, 2006, Blogger Caroline said…

    update: Mrs H has her visa after a day in London. Hurrah!!!!

    A cloud has lifted from the visa thing and I'm feeling much more positive...

    Response from London asking me nicely to send my documents down to them and promising a quick turnaround... sounds very promising so that's the next thing to do...

    ;-)

     
  • At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caroline says:

    oh, and to any of my blog friends who are tempted to tell me to 'stop going on about God all the time', save your typing... telling me to shut up and not talk about Him.... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, get used to it!


    We (Rick and Marek) say:

    Better get used to not having any friends!!

    ;-)

    Rick

     
  • At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Blogger Martin said…

    I don't think Caroline will have a problem with friends. She's got some good friends here, and I think she'll make some good friends in SA too.

     
  • At Sunday, 13 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Martin who likes custom built houses and snooker,

    :-)

    Chill, I was joking, a real giveaway was the ;-) icon thing at the end of my posting.

    You say You think she'll make friends, I KNOW from bitter personal experience if she goes on and on and on about His glory then she will be lonely. As a physicist you should know the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion' you have an opinion, I have fact.

    Good luck with the MPhil and hopefully you'll get the courage to go and serve God in some far off climates, just like your brave Caroline.

    Keep the faith,

    Rick

     
  • At Sunday, 13 August, 2006, Blogger Caroline said…

    Thanks for sharing some of your past Rick, I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences with God.
    I'm praying for more of God's presence and glory in your life, that He would surround you with his love and that you might know that sense of peace, hope and inner joy that comes from a true relationship with Him by the Holy Spirit, through what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

    As a physicist, you must have experienced that 'I'm a scientist' moment when you meet people and they don't know what to say to you ;-)
    Just for the record, that never happens to me, I find it hard to keep up with all my friends, I seem to pick them up wherever I go. I'm not boasting, it just happens. So I'm not in the slightest bit worried on that score, I suppose we're different people with different temperaments and characters. You seem to have had some difficult moments in your life to deal with...

    Thanks for your constant rantings and comments on what I write, they remind me how much God does love me, and you. And how many of His promises are so real in not only my life, but in the lives of people I meet.

    Here's one:
    'Then Jesus came to them and said 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'
    (Matt 28v18-20)

    That's not opinion, that's a fact.
    And I (and many others) have experienced that fact day in day out for a long time. There's no reason that will change just because I move to South Africa. God never left me for even a second when I lived in France or Italy, even through some tough moments. He can't. We are bound together forever and it is the most wonderful thing ever... That's what I'm praying you'll come to know for yourself. So keep on blogging and let's see what God does in your life too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home