Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

(2006Year of Action) APRIL - month of CLARITY

So this year is one of ACTION and that's all cool, but APRIL is going to be a month of CLARITY, I believe. And to celebrate this I am going to spend most of it away from Leamington...

Back last summer I had some conversations, well lots of conversations, with God that pointed towards something major happening in April 2006, although God, being the Almighty omniscient and omnipresent transcendent Lord of the all the Universe, chose not to go into much detail at the time, leaving me in a trusting state of waiting for more revelation from Him...
Back then I didn't know I would be moving to Africa, I didn't know how exciting my life would be becoming, or what God would be asking me to do next in preparation for heading to the Southern Hemisphere.

So expect some spiritual blogs over the next few weeks, in between time away at Center Parcs (this weekend - hurrah!), Tywyn in Wales to eat honey ice cream with my favourite Californian surfer chick (I love Easter holidays!) , London for yet another Italian-related wedding festa, and finally off to Napoli for some real Italian sunshine.

Interestingly, as I also seem to have the hand of destruction on natural sights (Pisa 95, Assisi 97 to name but 2 natural disasters that happened in the wake of my visit), keep your eye on Mount Vesuvius, currently due to erupt again having been dormant since the 40s...
'See Napoli and die' is the favourite phrase about that part of the world. Well I have no intention of dying at the hands of any crazy neapolitan driver thank you very much...

I love it when God and I have big talks about stuff, when he gives clear and direct instructions and works miracles in my life and he's been doing a lot of that recently, which is COOL!!
The verse that's going round my head this week comes from Proverbs 29v18

'Where there is no revelation,
the people cast off restraint;
but blessed is he who keeps the law'
I think it's a warning about getting the vision straight and running directly towards it with perseverance, giving up stuff now for future wonders to come. There's not room in my head for distractions from my purpose right now (which is easy to write about and slightly more difficult to put into practice). Pray with me that I'll keep on track and for more of God's vision for this important work with AIDS orphans to develop over the coming months of preparation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home