Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, December 26, 2005

A truly British Christmas

This year has been a literary feast...
We saw Christmas in at Dibley Midnight Mass, complete with comic characters and no heating. Rapidly losing my battle with a streaming nose, I took no pleasure whatsoever in wishing the village merrymakers a happy Christmas at 12.30am. In fact, I think I slept through the prayers and perhaps one of the lesser known carols as well...
However, the sacrifice of leaving Colin Firth (Bridget Jones BBC1) to attend midnight mass was more than recompensed the following evening in The Importance of Being Earnest, with the added bonus of Rupert Everett thrown in for good measure...

This year's best present?
(apart from aforementioned laptop!)

'Jane Austen's Guide to Dating'

building on last year's success of 'Sink of Swim - my autobiography' by Darius,
Liz and Rob have once again excelled themselves in choosing and apt publication to while away those lazy holiday afternoons! Cheers guys!

Merry Christmas one and all...