Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, December 12, 2005

How expensive are vaccinations?

Does anyone know a cheaper way of getting them, that's still legal?!
I need to have pretty much everything...

Hep B, Yellow Fever, Cholera, Typhoid, Hep A, Rabies, Tetanus etc etc..

(lots of excuse for sympathy and chocolate over the coming months I predict)

and I haven't even started to think about malarial tablets..

guess this is a kind of suffering for the cause... but I don't want to be restricted from being able to care for those kids because of some European fear of illness. It's likely I'll get ill with something at some point, better to be as protected as possible... and then remember all I know about prayer for healing ;) God's got something for me to do out there and he'll make sure I'm able to do it, that's all I need to know.

But if there was a way of saving a bit of money on those Hep B injections......

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Blogger Martin said…

    Are they expensive even through your GP? I know mine a year or two ago were a bit much, but I thought that was because I was getting them from a walk-in BA travel clinic in london due to being in a rush. maybe not then.

     
  • At Wednesday, 14 December, 2005, Blogger Caroline said…

    apparently if you plan to travel, they charge you a fortune, but if you happen to be thinking about going it can cost less...
    long live the NHS eh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home