Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tedious Link


Here is a picture I took last Sunday.
Sunday is the name of the sheep.
There are a lot of sheep in Wales.
Wales is famous for lots of things, including rain.
It rains a lot in Cato Ridge, KZN as well.

That's where my tedious link writing just about ends...

Experienced my first African thunderstorm yesterday when the heavens opened around lunch time and all the lights flickered. As you have to go outside to get anywhere here, I had to dash back to my office to unplug everything in case of power surges but managed it before the rains came. We're on top of a hill and storms here are quite spectacular, although this one didn't have much lightening. Yet the thunder rolls around the hills in a dramatic fashion and is quite impressive. I hope all the kids got inside in time, they are on school holidays this week and enjoying their freedom. The sun is out today (thank you God!) but the wind's still whipping through the site, but means my washing will dry so I'm thankful for it too.

Wildlife watch
Current Mosquito score : Caroline 4 - Mosquitoes 0 (that's the number I've killed!)
'Kill them before they kill you' is my mosquito motto. Having reacted quite instantly and dramatically to a mere fly bite last weekend, I'm not taking any chances...
I've trained the cats and dogs not to cross the threshold into my house, they just sit on the step, which is nice. Had a meeting at Heather Reynolds in her house yesterday during which a poodle kept me warm, whilst 10 other dogs chased each other around the room. And then I had to pause while ginger paws (another ginger cat, not my favourite) walked across my notes, before stopping to miaow inquisitively in my face. That's GGA style meetings for you! It's great! The cat census of GGA is now up to about 20, maybe even 50 some say.

I'm now working on several projects and have lots to do, which is great and I'm much happier. Think I was getting a little bored before... Am working on a Christmas Fundraiser first, details of which will be out in the next few days. And speaking of which, I'd better get back to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home