Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Monday, August 07, 2006

the to-do list...

Monday. Therefore a productive day.
Decided to write a 'to-do' list for all the things I have to do before I leave...
It's crazily long...
... but boring so I won't bother to put it on here.

Had a great weekend in Brighton/Hove, celebrating several Birthdays (Hello to the BIFC posse!)... Got to speak to loads of people about South Africa which was great, you never know who might be interested in coming out to help, it's always good to keep people informed of what's going on out there too... If you've never been to Brighton, it's a decent place to hang out, kind of shabby-chic, cosmopolitan although it seems rather expensive, probably because of all the Londoners who pop down regularly... Beach huts cost around £10,000!!! (for what is essentially a shed with a pretty coloured door) The world has gone mad... Actually we spent all of the weekend in Hove, the centre of Brighton being seemingly closed off for a Pride parade.

Learnt how to BBQ using those disposible ones, learnt not to put them out with orange juice (try it, it stinks), learnt not to attempt the M25 on a Friday afternoon, learnt that praying away a stomach bug when one has a long church service to go to really works! Praise God!

If you are ever looking for a Church family in Brighton, go to BIFC (Brighton International Faith Centre) which meets (currently) in the basement of 51a Selbourne Rd, Hove at 11am on Sundays. You'll leave a changed person, having had some quality spirit-filled time with some real, authentic lovers of God. The church is only small at the moment, but watch it grow!

Learnt that God continues to pour down his blessings and to give me more and more each time I spend time with Him. He's giving me insight into my future ministry, even beyond GGA, and as I walk into that destiny it's so exciting. I'm really excited about going to Africa, leaving in one calendar month, and all that's going to happen out there, for the transformations that will take place, for the renewing of my mind, for the people who I'll meet and for the way God is bringing about renewal, revival and change in the lives of the children of GGA. The journey of faith is surprising, challenging but never dull!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home