Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

VSPs part 1 - Ben



VSP stands for VERY SPECIAL PERSON in my life... and I'll probably introduce you to others over the coming months too. But first up, BEN PLUMMER - as it's his Birthday today (Friday 7th April) . Ben and I became instant best friends during a conversation about Perugia, Italy, where I lived for 2 years. With a love of all things Italian, especially opera and fine food, we were bound to bond well together! We did once have a fab holiday in Italy, which involved much partying... after a trip to the all-night clubs of Rimini (the Italian answer to Ibiza), we decided to go the the closing night of the Rossini opera festival, to see 'Semiramide'.
World Class opera.
Top 'A's hit without flinching.
Ben loved every second of the 5 hours of opera.
I remember about 15mins before I fell asleep, not even subtlely either, I may have even snored for half of the performance.
Quick tip: never attempt the opera after a few hours post-party sleep. It's doomed from the word go.
Ben is a wonderful organiser, people-person and encourager. He co-ordinated my 30th Audrey Hepburn black tie party very skillfully and still managed to belt out a Sinatra set beautifully during the evening. He is a wonderful listener and extremely wise in his counsel. He listens to God and is rewarded richly for it.

I completely love him and will miss him terribly when I am in SA, however as he is going to co-ordinate my fund-raising and support he will still feature massively in my life, even if I won't be there to drink champagne with quite so regularly! He recently gave me a fantastically 'bling' pink Chanel keyring which I'll take to Africa, so I'll think of him everytime I open my door!

Our song would definitely be anything by Ricky Martin, probably 'Livin' La vida loca'. No one dances quite as well as him... Definitely prefered dance partner of choice at the many weddings we've been to these past few years.

Sometimes you meet people and you know that they are there for life, and Ben is one of those...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home