Caroline's South African Adventures

Snapshots of my life and experiences in KwaZulu Natal. Welcome to South Africa!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

all good gifts...


Behold my beautiful new walkman, in pink (of course)... and behind every exciting new toy there's a story...

Am starting to think about getting ready for Africa, and this past week had been musing with the idea of getting an mp3 player small enough to travel well and big enough to carry my music to eliminate need for CD players etc etc in luggage. As most of my worship is enabled by music, it's vital to get this right. So I was thinking about all this... then I half thought, I'll save up and get one of those cool Sony walkmans, sell a bit of furniture etc...

But on Wed, the trustees sent the CEO to apologise wholeheartedly for the distress caused by disrespectful children during this term and to thank me for my hard work they presented me with a cheque. Nice. Completely unexpected. And I suddenly realised that I could probably get not only a walkman, but travel speakers as well! God is so good at giving timely gifts, anyone would think he was omniscient ! ;)

Then I wandered semi-purposefully into the Sony Centre, bearing my Argos catalogue for price referal purposes (and mid-shopping weight training - have you felt how heavy they are nowadays?!? - the price of dreams!) only to discover the very model I wanted was reduced considerably and well within my budget! Hurrah and Hurrah again!

I'll overlook the fact that the little thing crashed my laptop this afternoon, leading to much prayer and consideration of instant fasting, because it's pink, it's sexy and it stores all my music. It even plugs into my car for optimum travel bliss..... God is good and no one can argue with that.

Oh, and I've got Yellow Fever vaccine reaction at the moment, not nice actually. Am hoping I just get the flu-like symptoms and not the actual turning yellow bit of the disease... yellow is SO not my colour! ;-) So if you see me in Starbucks (it being the holidays now!) be nice to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home